Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Sites
Google Sites: Information
Description: Free website builder
Usage: Create basic websites and portfoliosAvailable locations: Any web browser
Access: Free with PLU ePass at sites.google.com
Help: (253) 535-7525, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Help Desk in Mortvedt Library
Full Guide: View/Download
The new version of Google Sites is a free, user-friendly website creator that doesn’t require advanced web design skills to use. Google Sites is a great resource for building professional portfolios.
New Features & Changes from Classic Google Sites
Listed below are a few major differences between Classic and New Google Sites:
- Sharing: Sites can be shared for collaboration.
- Saving: In Classic, changes needed to be saved manually with the SAVE button. In New, changes are saved automatically.
- Publishing: Classic sites were always live sites, in which saved changes would be automatically reflected. New Sites need to be published in order for other users to access them.
- The Readability Adjustment: This feature was added in New Sites to aid in readability and applies to background images.
- Mobile Compatibility: built-in mobile compatibility allows creators to preview the way their site will look on mobile devices.
- Google Sites: Information
- Google Sites: Creating a Site
- Google Sites: Interface Overview
- Google Sites: Creating Pages
- Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation
- Google Sites: Adding Text
- Google Sites: Inserting Images
- Google Sites: Using Files from Google Drive
- Google Sites: Inserting Embeds (YouTube videos, etc)
- Google Sites: Changing the Theme
- Google Sites: Applying a Layout
- Google Sites: Customizing the Header
- Google Sites: Page & Color Customization
- Google Sites: Publishing a Site
- Google Sites: Site Sharing & Visitor Access